Computer-based test which is also known as CBT examination, can be identified as using computers instead of the usual pen and paper system to write assessments or examination.
This can be conducted by using either computer aided facilities or via the internet with a limited time frame. The aim is to analyze and choose the best applicants with most productive capabilities.
The computer-based test has become the favourable option for most organizations because of its diverse advantages. For example, when the number of applicants are much, companies use CBT as a way of screening those candidates who have applied.
The CBT assessment enables employers to shortlist those candidates who meet their criteria for the job and who have the right skills.
Owing to the diverse benefits of computer-based tests, the selection and assessment process of the job seeker has become easier with companies who have opted for the CBT since the worldwide COVID 19 pandemic.
Also, as per the new principles stated by the educational boards, schools and colleges are able proceed towards managing the CBT examination online.
Below are nine important facts to know about computer-based tests:
- Computerized Format: CBTs are exams basically conducted on a computer or electronic device, as opposed to the ancient paper-and-pencil tests.
- Susceptible/Adaptive Testing: Some CBTs use adaptive and calculated algorithms that could adjust the question difficulty based on previous answers and they provide a more embodied and challenging experience.
- Navigation: Often times, CBTs permit you to navigate between questions, skip, and return to them later, making it easier to manage your time properly.
- Timed Exams: There are always time limits provided for each section or the entire test, in a CBT examination, time management is very essential.
- Instant Results: Rather than waiting for weeks to receive your paper examination result scores online, you will immediately receive your scores shortly after completing any CBT examination.
- Registration and security measures: You are required to register and schedule your CBT in advance through an online portal which would be provided. CBTs employ various security measures to prevent cheating, such as monitoring through webcams and secure test environments.
- Mocks: Many testing organisations provide practice CBTs to help you become familiar with the format and types of questions before the real exam proper.
- Technical necessities: Ensure your computer meets the technological requirements, including software up-to-dates and internet connectivity, before the test day.
- Identity Verification: A valid identification at the test centre or online is required to verify your identity and to ensure it is not fraudulent. Knowing the important things of a CBT examination, can make you prepare well for it. What else do you think is important? You can put your comments below.