Big Brother Naija star, Mike Edwards and his wife Perri Shakes-Drayton, are expecting their first child.
Perri announced the good news via her Twitter page on Sunday, May 3, 2020.
“Been keeping a secret and pleased to announce, I’m pregnant and expecting my first baby. Me and @aireyysabout to be parents,” she tweeted.
The couple announced the good news with the launch of their joint YouTube vlog “Mike and Perri“.
Here’s everything we know about the baby so far, from their first vlog.
– It’s the couple’s first child together
– They found out they were pregnant when they returned back home from Nigeria
– Perri had taken two pregnancy tests, one was negative and one was positive. A blood test confirmed the pregnancy.
– Perri had told Mike she had a stomach bug before breaking the exciting news to him while he was on his way to Miami
– Perri’s first emotion was happy tears
– The next people to hear the great news were Mike and Perri’s mothers
– Mike missed the first scan because he was quarantined in Nigeria and he barely made it out in time for the second scan where they heard the baby’s heartbeat
– The sex of their baby is still a secret for the couple