Out of a family of five, four of it’s members which included the father, mother and two children have been electrocuted to death in the Dinyavo area of Jalingo, the state capital.
The family were in their residence when this incident happened on Monday, 2nd October.
According to the residents of their community, they suspected that the electrocution was caused by a high voltage supply from the national grid which triggered the incident.
An eyewitness said, ‘’this morning, there was a burst from the transformer. Everyone ran out and smoke followed suit”.
He continued, “a few seconds later, everyone started shouting and before we knew it, a lot of houses were engulfed in smoke.”
“I tried my best to rescue them, all to no avail because they locked themselves in. But when we succeeded in breaking the door, we realized that they were already electrocuted and that their neighbours were also shocked by the electricity supply and rushed them to the hospital,” he said.
The deceased bodies have been deposited to the mortuary.
Many of the residents are now scared to their marrows due to the shock.