Festus Keyamo, Minister of State for Labour and Employment, has reacted to the petition filed by Mr. Peter Obi, the 2023 presidential candidate of Labour Party, who in the suit asked that the February 25 Presidential election won by the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, be cancelled.
Mr. Obi had earlier challenged the election results, seeking court permission to assess all the sensitive materials the INEC used for the election.
On Tuesday, Obi filed another suit at the election Tribunal challenging the declaration of Tinubu by INEC. He claimed that Bola Tinubu was not voted by the majority of eligible voters during the Presidential polls.
Mr. Obi also said that the election was rigged in 11 states including Rivers, Lagos, Taraba, Benue, Adamawa, Imo, Bauchi, Borno, Kaduna, and Plateau. He said that he would show the credibility of his claim in the declaration of results based on the uploaded results.
Festus Keyamo, however, said that the sessions to come would unveil all the misinformation and lies that have been made regarding the election.
He wrote in his verified Twitter handle: “I am excited about the issues raised in those Election Petitions. All the deceit & lies & disinformation & misinformation about otherwise very simple and clear issues are about to be busted by our Law Lords. Whoever continues to argue after that should relocate to another planet.
“Nigerians will finally see a huge difference between calm, dispassionate adjudication of issues and all the hoopla caused by garrulous spokespersons shaking and falling on stage, ignorant TV hosts turned debaters, misinformed documentaries, illiterate tweeps and some dancing Hijabi mamas.”